4 Şubat 2010 Perşembe

Controlling Ableton with JoyPad (PureData)

A musical instrument is a device created or adapted for the purpose of making musical sounds.
Here is the example of controlling ableton with joypad.
PureData send midi message to ableton.
This patch send basic midi message with joypad,
you can use others software protools, cubase, sonar etc.
Im using ableton because assign midi message and playing loopie very enjoying and simple and of course easy to change midi message and rhythmic pattern.
here is the puredata joypad patch

How can I prepare musical idea with ableton;
before to connect joypad I prepared four chords,
Chords names are Cmaj7, D7, G7 , A7
I can manage realtime these chords with 1-2-3-4 buttons on joypad.

after the chords, I made two rhythmic loop, bass sound and fx loop,
I can change bass loop tone (transpose) with arrow button left and right,
rhythmic loops connect two fx sections. (autofilter and phasor)
autofilter can controled with joypad axix. on joypad open/close (button 9)
autofilter active to use axix to change frequance and Q point.
the other axix connect to phasor just like autofilter (with same method)

in front of joypad 5,6,7,8 buttons are trigger rhythmic loops and fx loop.
even if I change these all of sounds material
I can play different music with same method.
this is my basic idea to use joypad to make music.

ok here is the my demostration video,
enjoy.